Ration Card in IndoreRation card is a useful document for every Indian citizen to enable procurement of basic commodities at minimum rates from the fair price shops run by state governments. It is especially beneficial for the economically weaker sections of society to obtain food grains and commodities like kerosene at absolutely cheap prices.
It can also be used as an authentic proof of identity and address. Ration card is issued by the government on the basis of net income earned by the family. Different types of ration cards are issued to different segments of society. These segments are:
APL (Above Poverty line), BPL (Below Poverty Line), and AAY (Antyodya Families).
Types of Ration Cards
- Green card: BPL families living in rural areas
- Yellow card: BPL families living in urban areas
- Antyodya card: Poorest families living in urban slum areas and rural areas
- Saffron card: APL families in rural areas
- Photo card: APL families in urban areas
- Honorary card: For families that do not require any commodities rationed under this card but only need a ration card for identification proof.
Procedure to apply for Ration card in Indore
- There are various rationing circle officers working in the entire city of Indore. You have to visit your nearest circle officer and obtain the application form or ration card.
- Form D- 1 is required to apply for new ration card.
- A processing fee of Rs.10 is charged for applying for ration card. For delivery through speed post, extra Rs. 25 is payable. However, for instant ration card, you can apply under Tatkal scheme by paying Rs. 100 and within 2 working days, you will get your card.
- Requisite documents must be furnished with completely filled and duly signed Form 1.
- Ration card will be issued after 15 days from completion of procedure.
Documents needed to apply for ration card in Indore
- Three attested and duly signed recent passport size color photographs of the head of family.
- For house owners, they must submit the proof of residence including registry of house, allotment letter, power of attorney, or receipt of house tax.
- The tenants have to furnish rent agreement or NOC from house owner.
- Proof of surrender or deletion of previous card, if any
For effective verification of your ration card, there are some simple steps that you must follow:
Verification of Ration Card in Indore
- Fill your ration card verification form by hand or apply online for ration card verification.
- Submit the documents required for verification of ration card.
- Inspector of Government department will scrutinize this form and ascertain the validity of information in your form.
- On verification, a receipt will be issued by the inspecting officer and status of your card will be listed on that receipt itself
For online application to obtain ration card in Indore, IMC Indore provide information on its website www.imcindore.org. You can download the application form, fill it completely, and
Online application of ration card in Indore
submit with documents at circle office of your area in working hours that are usually between 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
After applying and submitting application for ration card, you can also keep track of the status of your card either through circle office or online. It is better to track this status and your ward number as any fault or mistake made by you in form filling will be accessed through this process.
How to check the status of ration card in Indore
In case you are checking the status of your card from rationing circle office of your locality, you can apply for the changes required to be made and you can again track the fresh status. This tracking helps the government to be updated about the applications for ration card lying pending and the family income helps to determine the number of families living below or above poverty line in the country.
Changes in Ration Card in IndoreThe format for making changes in ration card is available at the issuing office and can be used by the applicants. Change in address and other details can be easily made in the existing ration card. The details required to be modified are cross checked by government authorities before issuance of new card. The new ration card can be obtained on payment of nominal charges to that effect.
Indore Municipal Corporation
Contact Details for Ration Card in Indore
Phone No.: Commissioner- 09303277788
Nigam Control Room: 09329555202
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0