ISKCON Temple IndoreThe International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) is popular all across the globe. It is popularly called as the Hari Krishna Movement and forms a part of the Gauidya Vaishnava movement. This society came into existence in the year 1966 and was formed in New York City by A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami SrilaPrabhupada.
ISKCON in Indore
The movement has become extremely popular, over 40 years since its inception and currently has its presence in various nations and major cities of India. This group works towards providing education across all towns and villages and functions as a non - profit organization. The society has 15,000 full time devotees and 500,000 congregational members. It has the following facilities across the world:
- 300 temples
- 40 schools
- 50 rural communities
- 75 restaurants
The mantra that the Hari Krishna movement regularly chant :
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare”
ISKCON is predominant in almost all the nations of the world some of them are:
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- West Indies
ISKCON in IndoreThe ISKCON project in Indore was established as a pious hub for the growth of originality and to be a genius. Creativity is imparted by conducting devotional classes and through Vedic literature.
Idols of Radha-Krishna in ISKCON, Indore
The temple offers its devotees with delicious vegetarian food and this is offered as prasadam. Many of the ardent devotees of this faith follow strict vegetarianism. A number of followers continue to work in various professions and lead an ordinary life and carry out their spiritual lives in their homes and are regular temple goers.
Objectives of Indore ISKCONThe project aims at fulfilling the following objectives:
- Providing equal opportunities for all individuals, across all nations, cities, towns and villages to develop one’s devotional talent.
- A lot of people currently live a life of poverty and are not able to meet the basic necessities of life. The project aims at providing relief to the people in need, in the form of food, education and various other relief programs.
- Vedic studies form a vital part, in imparting knowledge in the ISKCON temples. All the centers have state of the art facilities, for carrying out research programs and for imparting Vedic literature.
- For peaceful instruction of ISKCON ideologies, it is important to have a socio – economic relationship among individuals.
- It is important for every individual to contribute to the society and for the welfare of mankind. It can be in cash or kind.
Contact Details of ISKCON in Indore
Monday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Thursday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Nipania, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India - 452001
Phone: 91 9300474043, 91 07313250748
The Hari Krishna movement has seen a huge increase in the number of followers in the recent years across the world. It is not staunch and believes in every individual being fair and respecting one another. The followers lead a simple life, avoiding various bad habits.