Indore Development AuthorityIndore Development Authority is the apex body for urban planning in this city. It was constituted under Madhya Pradesh Town and Country Planning Act 1973 on January 13, 1973. Since then, it has been serving the needs of urbanization in Indore and developing construction plans for development of city as a fast growing metropolis. It was formed with the primary objective of area development within the city. AS per the master plan of Indore, the city is spread over 9.718 km2 and an overall development of such vast area lies in the hands of this development agency.
Functions of IDA IndoreVarious housing schemes are formulated across the city by IDA after assessing the available resources and their implementation through a proper action plan. In every project developed by this authority, residential accommodations are developed keeping in mind their probable occupants and then comes the viability of commercial activities within that scheme.
As an urban planning agency, it also focuses on reinforcing transportation system to that scheme in order to connect it with the whole city. Other plans under housing schemes prepared by IDA Indore include water supply provisions, electricity lines, and sewage lines.
IDA also sells plots at very reasonable prices to people of Indore. These lands are provided in IDA authorized colonies which are planned and executed with all basic amenities.
It is the authority to regulate the housing development in city. Any project, residential or commercial, which is developed by Private companies have to be approved by IDA. Here, it has complete authority to reject the proposals that do not comply with master plan of Indore.
To perform its various functions effectively, it operates through 12 departments which are:
- Town planning
- Land acquisition
- Town planning
- Information technology
Running Projects of IDAAs an institution growing through leaps and bounds, IDA has many successful ventures to its credit which include parks, colonies, fly over bridges, roads, sewerage, etc. With increased private- public participation, it is currently working on projects like Sports Complex, Medical Hub, Interstate Bus Terminal, and Convention Center. To accentuate the infrastructural growth of city, these projects are undertaken around the ambitious Super Corridor of Indore.
Composition of the Board of IDA
- IDA has a well organized board of members to look after its smooth functioning. There are three principal cadres in this regard. They are Development engineer, Development Administrative Officer, and Development Planning Officer.
- Its corporate body was formed on 17th June 1977 under MP Town Planning Act 1973. It is an extensive structure comprising of officers appointed by state government and other dignitaries of city. The corporate composition of IDA includes:
- Chairman who is appointed by state government
- Collector of Indore district
- Members appointed by State government for Town and country planning, public health engineering, forest department, MP electricity board, and public works department.
- Commissioner of IMC or Indore Municipal Corporation
- One officer who is an expert of town planning and Architecture
- Chief executive officer of member secretary
- 5 Non official members selected by state government
Contact IDA in IndoreAddress : 7 Race Course Road, Indore- 452003
Phone : +91-731-2531312 , +91-731-2434541
Fax : +91-731-2430553
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://www.idaindore.org
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0